Monday, August 30, 2010

My 4th Year Anniversary

It's true. My current relationship is officially my longest relationship.

As of August 26, 2010, I have had a serious relationship with the city of Pittsburgh. I moved to the 'Burgh on August 26, 2006, as an incoming freshman print journalism student at Point Park University. I had a pixie-style hair cut with black low lights and a new nose ring. A lot has changed, and I have been thinking about these changes more and more over the last month.

Since I moved to Pittsburgh, these things have changed:

- My hair is halfway down my back, curly and back to my natural red color.
- I am graduating from Point Park University with a B.S. in Business Management.
- I have no nose ring, nor a scar from my former piercing.
- I am now a size 0/2, and when I moved here I was a size 12.
- I got a breast reduction, equal to 3-5 pounds removed.
- I am now the EE/In-store Trainer at Sephora Shadyside, and when I moved to Pittsburgh I had never been to or heard of a Sephora.
- I am single, but in a very healthy dating relationship at the moment. 'Just dating' wasn't a concept I understood in 2006.
- I have so many new and unique friends! I can't imagine my life without you guys!
- I have grown very close to my grandparents since moving here, and I am so thankful for every moment I spend with them.

There are many more changes I have made, and this list could go on for hours. If you're really curious, you can ask me in person. But, overall, I have become more aware of myself and my own actions in the world around me. I am more aware of my attitude and my actions, as well as more aware of the impact I can have either positive or negative with the people I encounter. I have overcome a lot of heartbreak and financial hardships, but I have learned so much about myself and how strong I really am. I am a fighter, and I never thought of myself like that with complete certainty. The world can throw its worst at me, and I feel totally prepared to take it down brick-by-brick. I look at my apartment, my education, my career and friends, and I am so proud of everything I have created. I am completely responsible for everything I have done here. And, I am so proud of it all.

These 4 years have been the most important in my life to date. I can't wait to see what the next 4 years and beyond have in store for me. Pittsburgh, you have taught me a lot and will always be in my heart. Thank you for your hospitality.

So, does anyone else have a sappy love for Pittsburgh? Or, maybe you just have something you'd like to share that has changed in your life over the last few years, or even since yesterday? Let me know! I'd love to hear from you.

To celebrate my 4 years in Pittsburgh, upon the visit of my cousins from California, I had my very first Primanti Bros. sandwich. I am officially a Pittsburgher, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment