Monday, September 13, 2010

Hit the Road, Jack

I would love to just pack up a truck, take a long weekend and drive out into some mountaintops nearby but just far enough away to feel like my own little world. I would make sure to grab plenty to eat, a toothbrush, and my sneakers. Anything more than that would need to be negotiated or put back on the shelf.

I would want to hike up the mountain---Whichever mountain that may be---and come to a spot where you can see the beautiful colors of Fall, how the world can just go on and on and the effortless way we all work together in seamless and never-ending harmony.

Yes, we all have our moments. But the world buzzes with continuity. I've seen it before in a small, everyday kind of scale.

I would hike and go for walks and jogs around some lake on this unknown mountain morning, noon and night. I wouldn't mind fishing, but I would need someone to teach me. Hunting? I don't know if I could get to that point, but I wouldn't mind shooting some guns at a target.

I've actually never fished before, which is hard to believe, considering I am from Central PA. Central PA schools have In-Service Days at the beginning of any hunting/fishing/outdoorsy opening day.

I'd like to figure out how to make coffee without electricity. That would be interesting.

I'd like to make dinner over a fire. Very interesting.

'Smores every night! Heavenly.

How long would I be there? I don't know. Where do I plan to go? I don't know. When am I planning this trip? I don't know.

That is the point.

I am awake at 1am on a Monday night. I have a 14-hour work and school day tomorrow that starts in less than six hours. My mind is racing, and I would love nothing more than to pack up a truck and drive to some mountain, for some amount of time.

Delirious, much? I might need some Benadryl.

No comments:

Post a Comment