Monday, April 18, 2011

Everything Has Changed

This weekend is mine and Jeff's six month anniversary. We met six months ago. I used to always hear stories, and still do, about when people meet each other everything in their world turns upside down or everything changes. I have one of those stories.

When I first met Jeff, I was still working and going to school full time, living in an overpriced and tiny apartment near a bad part of town, taking the bus and obviously hoping for the stars after graduation. The first date was amazing, and the second date lasted for 7 days. I wore very little makeup, stayed up until 4am every night with him, watching TV and talking...I barely had the urge to wash my face without having him by my side!

It was ridiculous.

To this day, we are still pretty much in the same I-can't-eat-without-hearing-about-your-drive-to-work boat even six months later. We are crazy! But, now, I think we can function in society and be productive also. We spend so much time seeing each other and talking, but he's working both jobs and I have so much on plate too. It's the perfect blend of my crazy life and my crazy love.

Now, seriously, just look at all of the things that has changed in the past six months:

1. Got a boyfriend (obviously)

Yes, I got a boyfriend. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am so lucky. At this very minute, I am waiting for him to come home from work. I will jump off the couch and run up to him like a little kid, jumping up and down and giggling with kisses like I do every night when he comes through the door. Yep. I am crazy about this kid.

2. Graduated college


I finished school, graduated with honors and now will be walking into the business world with confidence. I didn't think I'd want to walk at graduation, especially since Point Park doesn't do a Fall commencement. But, the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to celebrate ALL OF THIS WORK with the people I love the most. So what if I have to wear a stupid black potato sack and cardboard card on my head? Dinner will be fabulous, and so will all of those Facebook pictures!

3. Mode of transportation

I got a car. I will be taking the bus to work, but my car has changed a lot of things in my daily life. I leased a 2011 Honda Civic LX. I can now buy canned goods and V8 juice at the grocery store and not have to carry them home in a few trips a week! Not only that, I can get things done and see people a lot easier. I am so thankful for this.

4. Living situation

Instead of living by myself in a tiny apartment on a street between Friendship and East Liberty, I am living in a lovely 2-bedroom apartment with my boyfriend in Oakmont. I live in the quaintest, cutest neighborhood. I have the small town feel that I grew up with and love, with the quick commute to the city life that is so deep in my soul. I will always be a city girl, but I appreciate living by the river and seeing the trees change with each season. I just get a good feeling waking up in the morning and driving home from work.

5. New friends

I have met amazing new friends, and still grab drinks with my old friends. I have the best friends ever, and I wouldn't trade a single one of them for anything.

6. New furniture/everything in the house

I sold my old furniture because the yellow and pink roses on the antique furniture wasn't quite fitting with a 28-year-old male's bachelor pad. Trust me, there was no compromising these two tastes without starting from scratch. I am in the process of buying new furniture and apartment things for our new home. Our tastes go together more and more each day...That is a good sign, I think?

7. And now...A new career!

And now...I am starting a new career with PNC Bank next Monday. I will be working with corporate loans at the operations center in Downtown Pittsburgh. I get to be one of "those" people Downtown with a suit on with a pair of sneakers, running for the bus on Fifth Avenue at 5:01pm during rush hour. Life is too good to me!

HOLY CRAP!

I have never been so grateful or aware of the many blessings in my life. I have so much to be excited for, and I cannot wait to see where this road leads me.

Wish me luck! Oh, and what is something that has changed in your life this year? I'd love to hear it.

Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You deserve every blessing that has come your way your are an awesome young women I am proud of you and so happy you are my niece. Love and hugs nothing but good things for you and Jeff.
    Love your auntie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the handsome little blessing that I have waited for since the day my beautiful little lady arrived. I am so blessed and greatful to everyone around me. And I am finally happy that God made the decision to hand me another little life to bring up in this crazy world we live in.

    ReplyDelete