Saturday, March 26, 2011

All Good Things

I love driving with the windows down on a long, winding road with the music blasting and wearing my sunglasses.

You know, life is full of good things. Sometimes when something scary, tragic or just plain awful happens, it is hard to see the silver lining. Sometimes you need someone to point it out for you.

So, my boyfriend, Jeff, is a cancer survivor. This week he was in the hospital as a precaution due to results from his most recent CT scan. I suppose it is better to have overly cautious doctors and nurses as opposed to not cautious enough, but it turned out to be a long three-day vacation at UPMC Shadyside for ultimately nothing as far as procedure or testing.

Jeff is fine!

Although his body has been to hell and back, and then again...and again...He is a super trooper and is already back to working both jobs. Go figure.

But, after all of this week's detours and potholes, I couldn't help but see the Allegheny River in all of its calmness and the sun shining from behind the clouds while on the road. At work one day this week, after Jeff had come home from the hospital, Nancy introduced me to a client of hers as "her hero, Emily". She has done that a few times in the past, but they had been while I was still in school. To see that I am still inspiring one person, although I am not a full-time student and full-time employee, plus everything else, it kind of took me by surprise.

Sometimes you need to be surprised.

We had a really tough week.

We will hardly see each other next week.

But, we love each other, and that is the most beautiful "good thing" there is.

To all the good things...

No comments:

Post a Comment