Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sunday Has Always Been My Favorite Day of the Week.

Growing up, Sundays meant a full day of friends, family, food and church. Sundays started early and ended late. I would sing for one of two church services, have lunch with family and friends, help clean the church, have band practice, sing for one of two night services, and go home late to a cozy couch, snacks, and TV with my family.

Sigh.

Since moving to Pittsburgh, Sundays have turned into another day of the work week or days to catch up on homework, bills, cleaning, projects or sleep. Instead of being a day of the "feel good" basics of life, Sunday has not been too special for me.

And I've missed that.

Things are changing.

Tomorrow, I will wake up and drive out to Moon Township to sing for the second service at St. Andrew Lutheran Church. I will then drive home, fill up my gas tank (WAH!), and come home to nap and eat brunch with my sweetheart.

Whew.

This isn't every Sunday, but it is so nice when it happens. There are no words to express how thankful I am for a Sunday to myself, my loved ones and church.

This week's bonus is Jeff is off work too! Jeff tells me we are doing absolutely NOTHING tomorrow but cuddle and eat on the couch.

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment