Friday, June 25, 2010

Home Alone On A Friday Night

Totally, man.

I got out of work early, and I don't have to work until 2:30 tomorrow afternoon. And, I am home alone. I am so okay with this, it is beyond perplexing. I am 22 years old. Home alone on a Friday night.

No plans.

Why am I okay with this, you ask? First of all, I enjoy quiet nights at home. I always have. I have never really been the partying type. I don't even really enjoy night clubs, unless the mood strikes me. When the weekend comes, I don't have three nights of bar hopping lined-up, followed by a Sunday of black coffee and Advil.

Nope.

I typically relax on the weekends. I see my friends when our schedules align. I like to walk around town and peruse Borders on Sunday nights. I go for longer runs on Saturday evenings. I take the time to make myself a hot breakfast, no matter the temperature outside. I savor my morning coffee, and sometimes catch some new episodes of my favorite Food Network shows on Saturdays. I catch up on my reading, bills, shopping and cleaning. I sleep in, if I can. I go to bed earliest on the weekends, as a matter of fact. If I had a car, "Riding slow on Sunday morning, I never wanna leave" would describe my life perfectly, as if Maroon 5 had never sung those words.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am not anti-social, by any means. I love people. My job revolves around my ability to love on people I don't know. But, that can be taxing and exhausting. I really need to recharge when I am home. But, it doesn't take the same energy to hang out with my friends as it does to work---That is not what I am saying. But, I will say the constant stimulation of being available to talk and communicate with enthusiasm and sincerity does encourage a chill and go-with-the-flow kind of person, such as myself, to take a step back on the weekends and smell the roses, if you will.

I have been awake most of the night, tossing and turning. I officially woke up at 4:55 AM to make oatmeal for a cute boy and kiss him goodbye before he went to work. I was running about 2 to 3 miles around the East End at 6:32 AM. I was at work until just after 6 PM, and I just spent the good part of my evening washing dishes from the roast chicken and potatoes I made last night for dinner.

I am a fun girl. But when it comes to this Friday night, I am so boring.

I think I may finish my evening with a chick flick, featuring Jennifer Aniston and some herbal tea.

My 23rd birthday is coming up in September. I may need someone to invest in a nice pair of bifocals and a cane. Any takers?

Question to ponder on your Friday night: What is your most boring habit?

No comments:

Post a Comment