Monday, June 28, 2010

Money Sucks

I skipped a day on here. I am so sorry, folks. I hope you didn't miss me too much.

I get pissed very rarely. If I do, it is one of a few things that fundamentally just eat me up inside. Today, it happens to be companies that seem to misplace any record or piece of paper that regards Emily Harnett and her finances. I worked in medical records for a doctor's office of over 40 physicians and over 30,000 patients. I know that organization can be difficult and almost tedious, but seriously people, it is your job to keep paper you receive in the right place. If you hate your job, there is something else that needs to be addressed aside from the paperwork.

I have gotten letters and e-mails from the Office of Financial Aid at my school, Point Park University, almost every week since the end of the Spring semester in April. Each form of correspondence indicates that my signed W-2 and Federal Tax Return from 2009 have not been received. And each time I receive a letter, I call them and tell them I came to the office and handed a counselor a new signed copy of each of these forms. I print them in the computer lab above the office and bring them down, hot off the press.

Today, two weeks after the last misfiling of my financial forms, I got an e-mail stating that my signed W-2 and Federal Tax Return from 2009 had not been received.

Come on, guys! Let's get your junk together!

After being put on hold twice for a total of about five minutes with two different financial aid counselors, they found both signed forms.

A-ha!

Hopefully, that is the end of that.

On a whole other note, with my bank, I am so impatient for my monthly bills to be posted to my account. Some of these payments were paid a week ago and still haven't posted. I am getting really irritated. I know that I don't have any money to spend until my next paycheck, but the fact that my bank statement says I have all this money in my account, despite the money being used for bills, it is just a tease.

I hate teases.

Actually, I take that back. I can be quite the tease. Tinkerbell and I are soul mates.

But, in the case of teasing me with money, I hate teases. It isn't fair. You'd think electronic payments would be a little faster than mailing a check, here in the 21st century. But, I guess you would be wrong thinking that way.

I guess what I am trying to do with today's entry is to rant and rave about money. Why have we become so controlled by money, today? Why does money intrigue such deep emotion, controversy, and power? We feel strapped if we have much and strapped if we do not. Nothing else on this earth has this kind of power over a person, emotionally and physically. And if we can name something with that kind of persuasion, it somehow traces back to money in some way.

Am I correct?

Let me know your thoughts, if you can. I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment